Political Rights & Education
Constitution article IV Section 5: Political Rights
Bargaining unit members selecting service fee status do not have voting rights, do not have a voice in meetings, do not have the right to serve on a union committee and are not eligible to participate in union activities not directly related to their representation.
Constitution article XI Section 6: Political Education Committee
- The Political Education Committee shall be open to the general membership.
- The Political Education Committee shall report to the Vice President of Political Education, who will report to the Executive Board and general membership at the regular meetings.
- The purpose of the Political Education Committee shall be to
- Monitor and promote legislation and government actions which affect the delivery of health care, the interests of the members, and the health and welfare of the communities we serve.
- Screen and recommend endorsement of candidates for local and state offices
- Secure voluntary contributions to support the political work of the local
The Political Education Committee shall coordinate with the AFT-Vermont and other unions and coalitions on legislative and political activity whenever possible.
MEMBER SIGN UP
Management did not offer any changes to this package at the 6/22 Bargaining Session. VFNHP- 615 Bargaining UpdateDownload
Nurses and Techs gathered in the McClure lobby to show solidarity with our Bargaining Team ahead of the 6/1 bargaining session. Contract negotiations have stalled, as we did not reach agreement at this week's session. VFNHP has given a package for the hospital to...
Last night, the VFNHP Bargaining Team spent over 3 hours hearing the same thing from management: The hospital will not agree to any financial proposals beyond the $1.3M for their charge and preceptor differentials proposals. Seven proposals, including increasing all...
Contract bargaining update 3Download
Educator Side Letter (1)Download
Contract bargaining update 2Download
Dear members, Nurse contract bargaining began last night, and our Bargaining Team made 34 proposals across the table, while Management offered 11 proposals, only one of which was economic (Charge/Preceptor differential). Here are some of the highlights: Increased...
At the opening of VFNHP-Nurse negotiations with the UVMMC administration, all of the VFNHP proposals were designed to:* Protect and improve patient care * Provide safety and respect * Improve benefits and compensation to recruit and retain nurses and support...
Employee Responsibility 1. The Bargaining Unit member will reach out to Staffing office to notify them of any unit(s) they have skill and ability for as well as what role(s) they would like to fill on the identified unit(s) (i.e. floor nurse with assignment, helping...
Ophthalmology Techs have the opportunity to vote on updated job descriptions as well as an updated wage scale as part of career ladder negotiations. If approved, these changes would update our job descriptions to reflect our current practices, eliminate the OA I level...
We are a strong union of health care professionals organized to ensure access to high-quality health care for everyone in the communities we serve.