Political Rights & Education
Constitution article IV Section 5: Political Rights
Bargaining unit members selecting service fee status do not have voting rights, do not have a voice in meetings, do not have the right to serve on a union committee and are not eligible to participate in union activities not directly related to their representation.
Constitution article XI Section 6: Political Education Committee
- The Political Education Committee shall be open to the general membership.
- The Political Education Committee shall report to the Vice President of Political Education, who will report to the Executive Board and general membership at the regular meetings.
- The purpose of the Political Education Committee shall be to
- Monitor and promote legislation and government actions which affect the delivery of health care, the interests of the members, and the health and welfare of the communities we serve.
- Screen and recommend endorsement of candidates for local and state offices
- Secure voluntary contributions to support the political work of the local
The Political Education Committee shall coordinate with the AFT-Vermont and other unions and coalitions on legislative and political activity whenever possible.
SUBMIT A GRIEVANCE
MEMBER SIGN UP
We are a strong union of health care professionals organized to ensure access to high-quality health care for everyone in the communities we serve.