At the opening of VFNHP-Nurse negotiations with the UVMMC administration, all of the VFNHP proposals were designed to:
* Protect and improve patient care
* Provide safety and respect
* Improve benefits and compensation to recruit and retain nurses and support staff
Because the staffing crisis affects all staff, VFNHP made the following formal proposals to the UVMMC administration: All UVMMC staff are guaranteed:
* A minimum wage of $20/hour (or a 10% increase, whichever is greater)
* The right to organize for RESPECT without interference from the UVMMC administration, and negotiate to protect and improve wages, benefits and working conditions
You can download a paper version of the petition here.